Friday, May 15, 2009

because the unknown is a mear 30 days away...

I figured a Grey's Anatomy quote would sum up my new perspective on the future pretty well...
"We spend our whole lives worrying about the future
planning for the future
trying to predict the future - as if figuring it out will cushion the blow.
But the future is always changing.
The future is the home of our deepest fears and wildest hopes.
But one thing is certain when it finally reveals itself.
The future is never the way we imagined it."


for now all I can hope for is an amazing first (and hopefully not last) summer in the place that I have called my home for the past 4 years.

A summer where hopefully by the end of I will have read some amazing books, learned more about life and love, enjoyed the pacific northwest at a time where I've heard it is at its most beautiful, and maybe (if the mood strikes me) point myself in the slight direction as to where I'm headed in life.
I know for now that this friends of the children organization that I applied to is something that I want to pursue and if I don't get it with them I am going to try and find another organization that does the same essential goal, and hopefully there will be more of them around.
But for now... I am excited for the next 3 months that are ahead of me... of my family visiting the places and people that I have come to love, of graduating, a pure Washington summer, of the unknown.

No comments: