Sunday, June 13, 2010

my oh my oh my


I got my hair highlighted for the first time EVER yesterday. And I am still a little shocked by what I see in the mirror. For years and years I have had dark brown curly hair, and when I was finished at the salon yesterday, I had straight hair with caramel strands and toffee accents (Eric's words not mine- Eric is the iconic gay hairdresser- who yesterday I found out blogs.
Ericlosesweight.blogspot.com) My words- "It's so coppery."
I am still shell shocked and only am ok with the change when I am in certain rooms. Like my parents dark bedroom, or my bedroom with its light blue walls. But in my yellow bathroom- NO. I am not a fan- more of a freaked out individual.
But then I realized that when ever I have something drastic done to my hair- I.E the Georgia chopping off hair days - I freak. All I need is an adjustment period of no mirrors, and I'll be fine. After all it is just hair, and it grows. And this morning- its already grown on my a little bit more.
I went out with my friend sarah last night for dinner, and she reaffirmed what Eric, mama callimanis, and surprisingly Basil had told me (but he only told me after my freakout) that it looks good, and it suits me, and does not make me look like a totally different person.
So all in all, i think i am ok with the hair change, and will most definitly be ok with it within a week. So here you go- PICTURE TIME!

4 comments:

autumn said...

1. You look super thin.
2. I love the hair, it is beachy.
3. I miss you.

Zoe said...

1. thank you. Its all in the camera angles.
2. I'm learning to love it. And I agree its totally beachy! reminds me of the days of pouring Sun In in my hair at the beach with stephanie
3. I miss you too. LOTSA.

Steph said...

my sis is so pretty!!

remember also theo putting beer in his hair. in the shower, he didn't want to get dirty.

Unknown said...

I likeeee! Can't wait to see you soon! That makes you look tanner, if that's possible?