Its thursday today, and the week is slowly creeping to an end. I'm back to working just at the high school camp instead of half there half at camp monsoon, and liking it MUCH better! Camp monsoon was fun for a while, but staying in one location made the hours creep by instead of behaving normally! I walk so much more during the day when I'm at the high school and I get to visit with lots of people instead of just headed from one class to another. And it allows me to spend less time in the classes, or with the teachers rather that are just strange. Like the woman who told me the story of how her pet rat died, and how she was so distraught that she drove 3 hours to a patch of land that her and her husband own slept in the bed of her truck and burred her rat in the morning light. Which she thought was rather poetic, I agreed (I decided that was a better response than... Say What?! pet rat? three hours? buried in the morning light?) This is also the woman who tells the kids WAY more than they need to know like why she is wearing duct tape on her legs (obviously because she ran out of band aids to put on her poison ivy rash. DUH.) So anyway I like being at the high school camp a lot more than camp monsoon!
When I made the chocolate coconut cupcakes on Tuesday I brought them into work (since Theo was going out of town and therefore they would sit around the house for to long tempting myself, mama callimanis, and basil) to be enjoyed by the people who spend hours upon hours planning, scheduling, and working with the kiddos.
Devin is the teacher for the ping pong class that I aide in in the morning, so i brought him a cupcake, and he traded me a personalized tennis ball- it was a pretty sweet deal.

I went to the driving range after dinner with the folks tonight, it was really peaceful going by myself listening to new music and getting out frustrations by whacking at the ball with my new clubs, and while there I was once again amazed by one of the things Arizona has a leg up on compared to Washington- the sky. Whether its the monsoon clouds rolling in in the late afternoon, sunset, or just glancing up at the night sky- its truly amazing.

Its getting late, so the boys (hudson and hemmingway) are getting rowdy- so I'm going to entertain them, as well as my self with their laser pointer, I should remind you that the boys- are cats. Yeah that's right I'm pretty awesome.
1 comment:
You help with a ping pong class??? Charlie will freak when I tell him.
Post a Comment