Thursday, June 11, 2009

today

I officially finished college.
I took my last ever scan-tron test and started at question number 1 and before filling in bubble number 50... i paused, pencil poised on top of the paper, and I contemplated what college has been like for me these past four years. I've changed. Not a doubt in my mind that I've changed... but thats what college is supposed to be like. I've found out things that I really don't like about my self but I am striving to change them, I've found out things that I love about myself and I hope and pray that those things will stay with me for years on end. I've met so many different types of people that have opened my eyes to different lifestyles and upbringings that people have experienced that make people either drastically different or radically the same as I am, yet still we all are still each and everyone of us, an individual. I've met people that I know are not the types of people that I want to have in my life, and people that I want to forever be in my life. I've seen traits in people that I really despise and others that I want someday have in my life. I"ve learned life lessons that I'd never think I'd have to know. I've seen people go through things that i hope I never have to go through. I've thought about the arugments that I had with peopel which either solidified what I believed in, or opened my mind once again to new things, ideas, beliefs, and views. Those arguments which at one point I hated, I now realize has taught me the most during my time here. I thanked God for the friends I've gained, for the lessons that He's taught me through the people that I've lost, for the family that He has blessed me with, and for the life that He's allowed me to create for myself.
And with that final thought I pressed my pencil down on the final bubble and darkened in the last circle of my four years at college, relishing in what a blessing it was.

1 comment:

autumn said...

...then did you cry...you have me crying now....wow tomorrow it is all over officially...